Commercial Conversion Q&A with Andrew Bartlett
I interviewed developer Andrew Bartlett in a live Q&A on his commercial conversion projects, including the Whitby Engine Shed and a pub conversion in Cornwall. We discussed issues with planning permission and financing projects. There were some really interesting questions from the fans. Timestamps follow below.
I interview Commercial Conversion expert Andrew Bartlett on:
- [1:22] Can you still do building work during the Coronavirus lockdown?
- [3:37] Whitby Engine Shed, conversion into 11 Serviced Accommodation apartments. Click here to see the financials, photos, and videos of the development as it progressed.
- The FAST model for development:
- Take Action
- [17:00] Andrew’s latest pub conversion
- Live Q&A
- [22:14] Offer accepted on shop and upper. Should I proceed or renegotiate, given the lockdown and uncertainty? — Lee Haury
- [25:40] What is the longest time you’ve experienced for Planning Application approvals? — Peter Speight
- [28:29] What is the average cost to convert commercial uppers into flats? — Nick Rowland
- [32:45] Is it difficult to get a mortgage on a vacant commercial property? — Mei Wong
- [34:53] Can anything be done to prevent erosion of cash held in a SSAS pension? — Lee Haury
- Click here to contact Andrew Bartlett on Facebook
Click here for the mortgage broker that Andrew and I use
What was the most surprising thing you learned in this episode? Leave a Comment below.
Live your Dreams,
George Choy & Sarah Choy (Financially Free at 39)
Authors of the Amazon #1 Bestsellers: