Jonathan Berliand on How to Invest Right Now
I interviewed my good friend Jonathan Berliand on How to Invest Right Now. Jonathan is a multi-millionaire and entrepreneur. He started his first business at 5 years old; bought his first property at 15 years old and owns 17 businesses. In his spare time, he enjoys flying his private jet or cruising in his boats.
Did you enjoy this interview with Jonathan? Let me know in the comments below.
BOOKS JONATHAN RECOMMENDS
- Billionaire: Life and Times of Sir James Goldsmith: https://amzn.to/3iKVQtE
- STEALTH MILLIONAIRE: https://amzn.to/2Uo2RG3
- RETIRE NOW: https://amzn.to/3drA2QS
- It is possible to get bank lending to purchase a property when you are under 18 years old if you are persistent and creative.
- Failure — learn to enjoy failing so you can test your limits.
- There are significant Permitted Development opportunities you can take with your existing properties.
- Don’t be a one-trick pony. Own businesses as well as property. Have 7 or more sources of income.
- Invest in Stocks and Shares
- Jonathan has flipped boats and watches. You can make more than £30,000 in one deal.
- Pick a hobby and become an expert in it. Make cash from something you love.
- Grow your food; rent an allotment if you don’t have space.
What annoys Jonathan about the property industry: Inexperienced Property Trainers
- Many property trainers only buy a couple of properties and then called themselves “experts”. 80% of them are charlatans.
- Check them out. Watch what they do. Have they got a substantial property portfolio?
- Do they have ethics? Or are they willing to “mug a granny”?
- Don’t go for big deals early on in your property investing. Get at least 10 Buy-to-Let properties first.
- Don’t lend to novice property investors — you could lose all your money.
- Be cautious with “property sourcers” – many don’t own property and lack the experience of knowing whether a property is really a good deal.
- Cash is good. Don’t worry about holding it. Keep it for a rainy day.
- If you have £80k then keep £20k in cash and put the rest into NS&I or other high-interest accounts providing at least 1% interest. Be cautious if a company is offering much more than that, as the risk is higher.
- You could keep some money in Sterling, Dollars and Euros to hedge your bets.
- Get your kids to start their own business at a young age. Take a risk. Make your own paycheck.
TO CONTACT OR FOLLOW JONATHAN BERLIAND
Caraselle Direct: https://www.caraselledirect.com
Facebook. (Jonathan requests that you mention George so he knows how you came to him): https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.berliand
Did you enjoy this interview with Jonathan?
Let me know in the comments below.
Live your Dreams,
George Choy & Sarah Choy (Financially Free at 39)
By George Choy & Sarah Choy | 10 July 2020